Buyer/Planner – Denver, CO
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
Manages all activities related to the planning, purchase, and receipt of materials, used in the company’s production and administrative support functions. Develop and implement programs through which to manage total procurement and inventory costs associated with the purchase of goods and services. Maintain strong working relationships and communications directly with the supply base to monitor open purchase orders for all orders to ensure on-time deliveries. Use metrics and quantitative analysis to monitor and improve Supply Chain processes. Works closely with production planning, Engineering, and Finance.
MANUFACTURING BUYER, Roles and Responsibilities
- Thorough knowledge of procurement, supplier relations, material planning and inventory management.
- Responsible for processing Purchase Orders for sourcing of all materials needed to complete production schedule.
- Responsible for the purchasing of tooling, raw materials, etc.
- Purchase and schedule outside processes such as plating, machine repair, etc. and follow up with vendors, as necessary.
- Responsible for the negotiation of pricing and terms with all applicable vendors.
- Responsible for Purchase orders for facilities work at Machine Shop.
- Ensure correct costing of purchased parts and delivery of parts.
- Maintain data for purchased parts.
- Support Quality services department in maintaining ISO/TS certification.
- Communication and coordination with accounting and other support departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-5 years minimum prior work experience as a manufacturing buyer for raw materials, tooling, and related purchasing.
- At least one year of experience in a machine shop or manufacturing environment preferred.
- APICS certification highly desirable.
- Solid PC skills.
- Must have previous experience of inventory control.
- Must have understanding of MRP procedures and processes.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Must be able to effectively read, speak and write English.
- Be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work in a multi-discipline manufacturing facility.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, growing, team environment.
- Valid drivers’ license.
- Must be reliable, dependable, and able to fulfill current job requirements.
- US work authorization (Required)
- Manufacturing buyer: 3 years (Preferred)
- APICS/CPIM Certification (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degrees in Supply Chain, Business Administration, or equivalent experience.
This is not a remote position. Work is on-site at our Denver, CO location.
Email resume to email@example.com