SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
The Assembly Production Supervisor coordinates work flow based on plant schedule and assigns the activities of up to 25 personnel engaged in the assembly of entertainment lighting products. The Supervisor is also responsible for coaching/mentoring team members, managing attendance and records to meet production demand.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES
• The ability to supervise and coordinate work assignments for approximately 15-20 personnel.
• Monitor departmental performance metrics to insure production requirements are met.
• Provide first level of support for any escalated issue.
• Coach and council employees on performance deficiencies and document as required as well provide positive reinforcement and encouragement when performance is on target.
• The ability to create and maintain workload/manpower schedule to meet or exceed required delivery dates with flexibility for emergency work.
• The ability to establish, maintain and improve implemented procedures to meet production processes, to ensure quality compliance and find improvements in manufacturing efficiency.
• Provide feedback on quality issues and corrective actions.
• The ability to perform hands-on participation in assembly areas when workload requires.
MINOR JOB DUTIES
• Ability to perform multiple operational functions within department when demand calls for it.
• Significant hands on supervisory experience with strong coaching/leadership skills.
• Remains up-to-date on information about new technology in materials, methods and equipment.
• Other duties as directed by the Production Manager.
• A high school diploma or equivalent required.
• 3-5yrs+ years’ leadership experience required, preferably in a high volume productionenvironment.
• Previous Lighting assembly experience a plus.
• The ability to perform hands-on participation in fabrication when workload requires.
• Effectively communicate and work with leadership of other departments.